A Workshop for New Girl Scout Leaders - No Fee
Getting Started is the first volunteer learning workshop for troop leaders, assistant leaders and advisors who have completed their application process.
Getting Started must be taken by at least one leader before starting to work with girls, and is a prerequisite for the Jump into Journeys
workshop. Participants learn the basic knowledge needed to get started with their troop, including:
- The elements of a meeting
- Recommended content of the first few meetings
- Available support options and resources
- Basic information about safety and troop finances
- Getting Started Coaches may also offer additional workshops in your area. For more information, contact your service unit manager or regional office. If an in-person workshop does not work for you, you may choose the independent learning option.
Preparing for your workshop: Nothing needed - come and enjoy!