Girl Scouts of Western Washington welcomes youth and volunteer members in any financial situation. We make funds available to cover membership, events and workshops, troop dues, supplies, and camp.
Girl Scouts of Western Washington COVID-19 Response and Guidelines
Click here for a comprehensive look at Girl Scouts of Western Washington Member Safety Guidelines.
Due to COVID-19 financial impacts:
- Financial assistance has moved to a "first-come, first-serve" disbursement plan. Because limited funds are available, we encourage Girl Scouts to apply ASAP.
- Each grant award has been allocated a funding cap; once the cap is reached the grant will be "turned off" and further grant requests will be denied.
- Funds will receive a monthly health check throughout the year with brief quarterly member updates via our email newsletter. When appropriate, a pre-closure announcement will be included.
We accept grant requests for membership dues all year, with the exception of two 24-hour annual shutdowns during the year. We accept all other grants from October 1 through August 30. Click here for the digital application. You will be able to submit this application immediately for Membership or Renewal.
1. Review your eligibility.
If your family qualifies for free or reduced-price school lunch or if your Girl Scout is a foster child, you qualify for our Financial Assistance Program.
2. Apply for financial assistance through our digital or paper application forms. Third-party advocates may apply for Financial Assistance on behalf of a Girl Scout with their family’s verbal permission.
Click here for the digital application.
You will be able to submit this application immediately.
Click here for the paper application.
Mail completed paper applications to 5601 6th Ave S Suite 150, Seattle, WA 98108 or email to FinancialAssistance@GirlScoutsWW.org.
3. Wait for your application to be reviewed. This can take up to 14 business days.
4. Complete your Girl Scout membership via our Join page. Upon checkout indicate that Financial Assistance is your payment method.
5. Apply for additional grants. Once you are approved, you may request up to three troop dues, event, and/or supply grants. You may also request one camp grant up to $750. To request additional grants:
- For troop dues, council events, and supply grants, use our digital or paper financial assistance application to submit your request. You may do this at the same time as applying for your financial assistance eligibility or later.
- For partner event grants, use our digital or paper financial assistance application. After paying for the event, submit your receipt to FinancialAssistance@GirlSCoutsWW.org or by mail at 5601 6th Ave S Suite 150, Seattle, WA 98108.
Want to support our Financial Assistance program? Consider joining our giving community.