Online Support for Volunteers
The Volunteer Toolkit (VTK) is a digital resource that supports troop leaders and co-leaders, as well as guardians of Juliettes (Individually Registered Members), making the process of running a troop (or a single Girl Scout experience) easier and more efficient. Check out this list of the toolkit's top features, and step-by-step instructions of how to use the VTK.
How to Use the VTK:
- Navigating the Volunteer Toolkit
- Choosing and Customizing Your Year Plan
- 2018 New Journeys and Badges
Through the VTK, troop leaders can:
- Plan the troop’s calendar year.
- Email parents with one click.
- View the troop roster, renew girls’ membership, and update girls' contact information.
- View Daisy through Ambassador Journeys and badges (to plan for troop meetings), including prepopulated tracks for younger and older Multi-Level troop groups (K–5 and 6–12).
- Customize meetings by troop year with other badge and Journey options.
- Explore individual meeting plans that show a breakdown of every meeting, including a list of materials needed and editable time allotments for each activity within a meeting.
- Record girls’ attendance at meetings and their badge and Journey achievements.
- Add council or custom troop events to the troop’s calendar.
- Easily locate resources, such as Safety Activity Checkpoints.
What About Parents?
- Parents/guardians can now access the VTK to see what their girl’s troop or group is doing (e.g, meeting information and which badges and Journeys she is working on).
- Parents/guardians of Juliette Girl Scouts (Individually Registered Members (IRMS)) can now access the VTK in the same way troop leaders can, making it easier to help them lead their "troop of one".
Log in today! Click on My GS in the upper right-hand corner to get started.