The Appreciation Pin is for outstanding service to at least one community. The Appreciation Pin (a GSUSA award) is a square, gold-tone pin with the Girl Scout logo.
What makes a volunteer eligible for this award?
- Service to one or more geographical areas or service units
- Outstanding service beyond position expectations
Examples of possible candidates for this pin might include:
- The manager of a very successful product sale
- The director of an outstanding local day camp or program event
- A manager whose leadership of a service unit has seen an increase in membership and a stable retention pattern
- An adult who works directly with girls so well that the result is an increase in the retention rate
What's the nomination process?
- Two individuals or groups familiar with the service performed by the nominee must complete the nomination form or submit a letter including all requested information to the Girl Scouts of Western Washington Adult Recognition Committee by April 30. Nominators will receive an acknowledgment of receipt.
- The Adult Recognition Committee will review on-time applications that contain two complete nominations.
- All nominators will be notified of the committee results, and successful nominees will be informed that they will receive the award at the Annual Meeting.