You can become a Gold Award Girl Scout if you:
- Are in high school (ninth through twelfth grade, or equivalent)
- Are a registered Senior or Ambassador
- Have completed two Senior or Ambassador Journeys, or have earned the Girl Scout Silver Award and completed one Senior or Ambassador Journey
How to earn the Girl Scout Gold Award:
- Find an issue in your community or the world that you care about.
- Learn everything you can about that issue through research and trusted sources.
- Form a team by identifying experts and people in your community who could help you.
- Think about the root cause of an issue, then make a plan of how you could tackle it.
- Submit your project proposal to our Girl Scout council for approval.
- Lead your team and carry out your plan.
- Reflect on and celebrate the change you’ve created in your community and the world, share your story, and inspire others to make a difference, too.