Girl Scouts of Western Washington welcomes every girl and volunteer, regardless of their income. We make funds available to cover membership, events and workshops, troop dues, supplies, and camp.
Girl Scouts of Western Washington COVID-19 Response and Guidelines
Girl Scouts of Western Washington (“GSWW”) is committed to taking precautions to mitigate that risk and to follow applicable federal, WA State, local and GSUSA COVID-19 directives, and guidelines. Our council is also committed to having in-person activities as allowed and in accordance with those mandates. GSWW’s operations and programs occurring while COVID-19 is circulating in our community may expose our members, volunteers, and employees to the risk of infection. GSWW cannot prevent you from becoming exposed to, contracting, or spreading COVID-19 while attending (which includes being present in any capacity) any GSWW in-person programming. Therefore, any interaction with others in connection with in-person programming may expose you and your family to and increase your risk of contracting or spreading COVID-19. GSWW has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19 at its in-person programming; however, GSWW cannot guarantee that you will not become infected with COVID-19. To see full details regarding our COVID-19 response for our programming operations, please visit our COVID-19 Guidelines.
Due to COVID-19 financial impacts, GSWW has had to make some award changes to accommodate our membership decline and revenue loss. Beginning October 1. 2020, the following changes will be applied to the Financial Assistance Program:
Each grant award has been allocated a funding cap; once the cap is reached the grant will be “turned off” and further grant requests will be denied.
Financial assistance will be moving to a “First-come, First-serve" disbursement plan for the 2020-2021 Membership Year. Once the above Financial Assistance dollars have been awarded to families, these grants will close when funding is exhausted.
Funds will receive a monthly health check throughout the year with brief quarterly member updates via GSWW’s email newsletter. When appropriate, a pre-closure announcement will be included.
Budget funds are now categorized by program for more efficient tracking, monitoring, and reporting process.
We accept Membership Dues Grant Requests all year, with the exception of a 24-hour annual restart on September 20. We accept all other grants from October 1, 2020, through August 30, 2021. Click here for the 2020-2021 digital application. You will be able to submit this application immediately for Membership or Renewal for the 2020-2021 Membership Year.
1. Review your eligibility.
If your family qualifies for free or reduced-price school lunch or if your Girl Scout is a foster child, you qualify for our Financial Assistance Program.
2. Apply for financial assistance through our digital or paper application forms. Third-party advocates may apply for Financial Assistance on behalf of a Girl Scout with their family’s verbal permission.
Click here for the digital application.
You will be able to submit this application immediately.
Click here for the paper application.
Mail completed paper applications to 5601 6th Ave S Suite 150, Seattle, WA 98108 or email to FinancialAssistance@GirlScoutsWW.org.
3. Wait for your application to be reviewed. This can take up to 14 business days.
4. Complete your Girl Scout membership via our Join form. Upon checkout, indicate that Financial Assistance is your payment method.
5. Apply for additional grants. Once you are approved, you may request up to three troop dues, event, and/or supply grants. You may also request one camp grant up to $150. To request additional grants:
- For Troop Dues, COuncil Events, and Supply Grants, use our digital or paper Financial Assistance application to submit your request. you may do this at the same time as applying for your Financial Assistance eligibility or later.
- For Partner Event Grants, use our digital or paper Financial Assistance application. After paying for the event, submit your receipt to FinancialAssistance@GirlSCoutsWW.org or by mail at 5601 6th Ave S Suite 150, Seattle, WA 98108.
Spring and Summer Camp Grant
(Day and Overnight)
Eligible Girl Scouts will receive up to $150 toward 2021 Spring and Summer Camp Reservation.
- Overnight Reservation = $150 (max)
- Day Use Reservation = $110 (max)
Upon making your Camp River Ranch or Lyle McLeod camp reservation request, please indicate whether you will be using financial assistance. Once we process your request, your financial assistance will automatically be applied toward your site reservation within 3-5 business days. Please note, you must be pre-approved for financial assistance prior to submitting your reservation request, otherwise we will be unable to hold your reservation. Go here to apply for Financial Assistance.
What can I reserve at camp and, how much does it cost?
Camp River Ranch and Camp Lyle McLeod have Indoor accommodations and Outdoor accommodations available.
- Outdoor Units: Cabins that do not have electricity and are more exposed to outside elements.
- Indoor Units: Buildings completely covered, have electricity, and not exposed to the outside elements.
- Please use the Site Reservation Pricelist and Guides to see pricing and units in camp.
What is being offered for Spring and Summer 2021?
Day and Overnight Site Rentals at Camp River Ranch & Camp
- Households can reserve accommodations together for day and overnight use.
- Troops, Groups and Households can
reserve a site for day use and beginning May 1, overnight use
reservations can be made.
- Register for site reservations by completing a Site Reservation Request Form on our Rent Our Camps page.
Staff-Led Day Events at Camp River Ranch & Lyle
- Drop-off day programming will include opportunities for boating, archery, swimming, climbing, and more!
- Register for these events through My GS .
Volunteer-Led Day Camps
- Community-based day camps will operate as usual, with appropriate adjustments for health and safety.
- Register for these camps through the Volunteer-Led Camp page.
Virtual Camp Programs
- Camp in a Box and other virtual camp programming will continue.
- Register for virtual programs through your My GS account.
How do I request Financial Assistance for camp?
Girl Scouts supports every girl, regardless of their financial situation. Get pre-approved for Financial Assistance by submitting a Financial Assistance Request form above.
Once you have been approved for Financial Assistance, you must request your Camp Grant by indicating on your 2021 Spring/Summer Site Reservation Request From that you will be utilizing Financial Assistance for your site reservation.
If you have already completed your 2021 Spring/Summer Site Reservation Request Form and have not yet been approved for Financial Assistance, you may do so by contacting our Customer Care Team at 1-800-541-9852 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Our Customer Care Team will assist by submitting your Financial Assistance application.
Once your grant request is received, it will be reviewed by the Financial Assistance Team and if approved, your grant will automatically be applied towards your camper’s balance.
Any remaining balance after your Financial Assistance Grant is applied must be paid no less than 10 days from the date of your submitted request.
For more information, please view our Girl
Scouts of WW Guide to Financial Assistance.
This year we have made changes on how we allocate Financial Assistance to our members. Please see this letter from our CEO and our FAQ document to learn more. Questions? Please ask us! email@example.com
Want to support our Financial Assistance program? Consider joining our giving community.