Girl Scouts of Western Washington welcomes every girl and volunteer, regardless of their income. We make funds available to cover membership, events and workshops, troop dues, supplies, and camp.
Due to COVID-19 financial impacts, GSWW has had to make some award changes to accommodate our membership decline and revenue loss. Beginning October 1. 2020, the following changes will be applied to the Financial Assistance Program:
Each grant award has been allocated a funding cap; once the cap is reached the grant will be “turned off” and further grant requests will be denied.
Financial assistance will be moving to a “First-come, First-serve" disbursement plan for the 2020-2021 Membership Year. Once the above Financial Assistance dollars have been awarded to families, these grants will close when funding is exhausted.
Funds will receive a monthly health check throughout the year with brief quarterly member updates via GSWW’s email newsletter. When appropriate, a pre-closure announcement will be included.
Budget funds are now categorized by program for more efficient tracking, monitoring, and reporting process.
We accept Membership Dues Grant Requests all year, with the exception of a 24-hour annual restart on September 20. We accept all other grants from October 1, 2020, through August 30, 2021. Click here for the 2020-2021 digital application. You will be able to submit this application immediately for Membership or Renewal for the 2020-2021 Membership Year.
1. Review your eligibility.
If your family qualifies for free or reduced-price school lunch or if your Girl Scout is a foster child, you qualify for our Financial Assistance Program.
2. Apply for financial assistance through our digital or paper application forms. Third-party advocates may apply for Financial Assistance on behalf of a Girl Scout with their family’s verbal permission.
Click here for the digital application.
You will be able to submit this application immediately.
Click here for the paper application.
Mail completed paper applications to PO Box 770 DuPont, WA 98327 or email to FinancialAssistance@GirlScoutsWW.org.
3. Wait for your application to be reviewed. This can take up to 14 business days.
4. Complete your Girl Scout membership via our Join form. Upon checkout, indicate that Financial Assistance is your payment method.
5. Apply for additional grants. Once you are approved, you may request up to three troop dues, event, and/or supply grants. You may also request one camp grant up to $550. To request additional grants:
- For Troop Dues, COuncil Events, and Supply Grants, use our digital or paper Financial Assistance application to submit your request. you may do this at the same time as applying for your Financial Assistance eligibility or later.
- For Partner Event Grants, use our digital or paper Financial Assistance application. After paying for the event, submit your receipt to FinancialAssistance@GirlSCoutsWW.org or by mail at PO Box 770 DuPont, WA 98327.
Spring and Summer Camp Grant (Day and Overnight)
Eligible Girl Scouts will receive up to $550 toward one week or less of resident or day camp in 2021.
Opening our camp properties while COVID-19 remains present in our area poses a significant health and safety risk to our members, volunteers, and employees. While there are ways to reduce this risk, the cost of these efforts is substantial and doing so far all seven of our properties is not feasible given the financial impacts of this pandemic that we continue to experience. These mitigation efforts also do not fully eliminate the risks. Over the summer of 2020, we have seen heartbreaking outbreaks at other organizations' camps across the country, even though they had taken precautions.
Because of these dual safety and financial impacts, if it becomes safe and feasible for us to hold camp programs in the 2020-2021 membership year, we will only open Camp RIver Ranch and Camp Lyle McLeod. All other camps will remain closed for the year.
Please register for the camp session at least three weeks (15 business days) before the start date of the camp session. Select Financial Assistance as your payment type at check out. If you are using the CampInTouch system to register for a camp session, Financial Assistance will not be a listed payment type. However, CampInTouch registrations are automatically cross-referenced to the participants that have qualified for our Financial Assistance Program.
Payment for any required deposits. Deposits are not included in the grant award. Grant funds (maximum of $550) can be applied to the outstanding balance, or if you have already paid, a refund will be issued to you. Camp Grant funds can be applied to one single camp session. Applicants will be notified via email once the grant has been approved.
For more information, please view our Girl
Scouts of WW Guide to Financial Assistance.
This year we have made changes on how we allocate Financial Assistance to our members. Please see this letter from our CEO and our FAQ document to learn more. Questions? Please ask us! email@example.com
Want to support our Financial Assistance program? Consider joining our giving community.