Girl Scouts of Western Washington welcomes youth and volunteer members in any financial situation. We make funds available to cover membership, events and workshops, troop dues, supplies, and camp.
We accept grant requests for membership dues all year, with the exception of two 24-hour annual shutdowns during the year. We accept all other grant requests (camp, event, troop dues, and supply vouchers) from October 1 through August 30.
1. Review your eligibility. If your family qualifies for free or reduced-price school lunch or if your Girl Scout is a foster child, you qualify for our Financial Assistance Program.
2. Complete your Girl Scout membership online. Upon checkout, indicate financial assistance as your payment method.
3. Apply for financial assistance through our digital or paper application forms. Third-party advocates may apply for financial assistance on behalf of a Girl Scout with their family’s verbal permission.
• Click here for the digital application.
You will be able to submit this application immediately.
• Click here for the paper application.
Mail completed paper applications to:
5601 6th Ave S Suite 150, Seattle, WA 98108
or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Wait for your application to be reviewed. This can take up to 14 business days.
5. Apply for additional grants. Once you are approved, you may request up to three troop dues, event, and/or supply grants. You may also request one camp grant per membership year.
NEW for the 2022/2023 membership year: You may use one of your three allotted grant requests as an event grant for up to $300 toward a volunteer-led community or day camp AND still be eligible to use a camp grant of up to $805 for a staff-led overnight camp.
To request additional grants:
For troop dues, council events, and supply grants, use our digital or paper financial assistance application to submit your request. You may do this at the same time as applying for your financial assistance eligibility or later.
For partner event grants, use our digital or paper financial assistance application. After paying for the event, submit your receipt to email@example.com or by mail at 5601 6th Ave S Suite 150, Seattle, WA 98108.