We will be accepting Travel Applications for short trips and extended travel starting May 24 for travel happening between June 1 and September 30, 2021. If you are planning extended travel happening after October 1, 2021 please submit an Intent to Travel application. Please refer to the Travel Guidelines chart to see what types of travel your group is eligible for based on vaccinations.
These approvals are conditional based on pandemic guidelines and approvals could be rescinded later based on travel restrictions due to COVID-19. For more information on our council's safety guidelines regarding program activities, please visit the COVID-19 page of our website.
Every Girl Scout deserves a chance to see the world! Whether you’re exploring your own neighborhood, going on an overnight camping trip, or flying across the world—you’re always expanding your horizon with Girl Scouts.
From your first Daisy outing to a multi-week trek through Peru, these handy checklists will help you fill out all the correct forms for your next Girl Scout getaway!
- COVID-19 Travel Guidelines chart
- COVID-19 Travel Plan Summary
- Assumption of Risk, Release, and Waiver of Liability
- Non-Commercial Rental Property (AirBnB or Similar) Site Safety Checklist
- Day Trip Travel Checklist
- In-State Weekend Travel Checklist
- Out of State & International Weekend Travel Checklist
- 3+ Day in State Checklist
- 3+ Day Out of State Checklist
- 3+ Day International Travel Checklist
- Girl Scout Global Travel Toolkit
- Travel Application for Short Trips
COVID-19 and Graduating Seniors and Troop Funds for Trips/Travel
The COVID-19 pandemic has forced the cancellation of many programs
and activities that 12th grade Girl Scouts had planned for
spring/summer 2020 and 2021. While it will be possible to move forward
with many planned activities during spring/summer 2021, plans for
extended overnight trips will be evaluated according to our Member
If a scheduled trip, including girls who graduated in 2020 or 2021, cannot take place in FY21 or was canceled in FY20 due to COVID-19, we are allowing use of Troop funds for travel up until September 2022. All travel must be completed by September 30, 2022.
- Graduating Girl Scouts, who had approved travel plans must register as adult member(s).
- Funds will be held in the
troop bank account.
- Limited Overnight
and Extended Trip Travel is authorized in Member
- All “graduated troops” that want to use funds for travel are required to follow Travel requirements and new COVID-19 safety protocols.
- Individually Registered Members (IRM) may travel and must follow
the same travel approval process as a travelling group girl-led
component of the trip.
Questions about travel? Need help planning a trip?
Girl Scout Destinations are the ultimate adventure for individual girls ages 11 and older! With different trips every year, there's something amazing for everyone. Pack your bags full of life-changing epxeriences and make friends from all over the country as you travel with Girl Scouts from different states. Check out all of the places you can go here: Destinations Trip Options. Once you decide where to go, fill out the online application.
Looking for more travel options? Volunteer-led trips are geared towards individual girls and girls wanting to travel outside of their own troop. Planning for these trips is girl-led, so girls can help design their dream travel experience.
Are you interested in helping with a volunteer-led council-wide trip? Contact the travel team for more information.
Galapagos 2022: Join other Girl Scouts from Western Washington in a 9 day Journey (partnered with EF Tours) to the equator to explore the wonders of Ecuador— including the Galápagos Islands, some 620 miles off the country’s Pacific Coastline. Retrace the footsteps of Charles Darwin. Some of the wildlife you may see include penguins, sea lions, turtles, Blue-Footed Boobies, and other exotic birds. Snorkel with Sea Turtles! On the mainland, your troop will visit the Equatorial Line and enjoy a Salsa Dance lesson. Check out our flyer for more information!
- This trip is open to all registered Girl Scouts at least 11 years old AND their chosen adult companion or girls traveling solo 14+ years old.
- Please fill out our interest form for more detailed information.
- Enrollment in the trip is first-come, first-serve.
- Tentative Dates:
- REQUESTED TRAVEL DATES
- June 29, 2022 – July 7, 2022
- Questions about this trip? Reach out to email@example.com.
Essence of Europe 2022: Troop 42343 is traveling on a 17-day adventure through Germany, Austria, Italy, Switzerland, France and England in July of 2022! They have already formed a travel group, but if you would like more information about joining the tour group, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org! Additional people can be added to our tour group up until March 1, 2022.
Puerto Rico 2023: Take the trip of a lifetime to Puerto Rico! Make new friends while you gain important life skills and learn how to plan and travel together as a group. Visit a Caribbean island without the need for a passport. From beaches to tropical forests, this is a unique opportunity to learn about a Spanish Caribbean culture that has an American twist. Complete the trip application at https://tinyurl.com/2a24dcdr. Interviews will happen as applications come in and will be accepted until spots are full. A link will be sent to sign up for an interview time once your application is received. Check out our flyer for more information!
- Who: Girl Scouts age 13-18 (by July 2023)
- When: July 2023 (10 days between July 1-July 14). Trip Advisors and Girl Scouts will meet monthly beginning October 2021 to plan the trip, earn money to offset trip costs, and prepare to travel to Puerto Rico.
- Cost: $2,500* plus airfare
Questions? Email email@example.com or call Michelle Wicks-Cycher at (206) 715-1604.
PAX Lodge PLUS in 2022 (August 6- August 18, 2022): The WORLD CENTERS are going to reopen in 2022! Join with girls from all-over Girl Scouts of Western Washington for a 13-day adventure! Spend the first week at the WAGGGS World Center in London, England – Pax Lodge. Explore London with Girl Scouts and Girl Guides from around the world. PLUS: After a week at Pax Lodge there will be five days of girl-planned day-trips. Girls in the travel group will plan where they want to visit. Possibilities could include Paris (via Eurostar), Stonehenge, Bath, Oxford, Stratford-Upon-Avon, Warwick Castle, Wales, Scotland – lots of opportunities for girls to plan exploration and activities.
- Open to all girls who will be 14-18 at the time of travel
- Cost: $3500 which includes airfare, ground transportation, lodging, food, all activities. Excludes: Spending money, passport, and uniform costs.
- Apply by filling out a Word doc or PDF application.
Questions: email firstname.lastname@example.org
Scholarships are available to help you explore the world! Learn more
about the Val
Manuel Take Action Travelship.