Every year we have the distinct honor of recognizing all of the generous individuals, families, corporations, and foundations who have partnered with us to ensure ALL girls are able to develop courage, confidence, and character through Girl Scouts in Western Washington.
This year, you have made it possible for girls to do some amazing things, many of which have attracted wonderful news stories, including:
- A Girl Scout troop from Redmond that traveled to Ecuador to learn about a new culture and provide support at a day care center in the city of Quito.
- For her Gold Award project, Alina Guyon raised the funds and secured the books to build a library in Uganda.
- Kindergarten and first grade Daisy Girl Scouts in Anacortes got to experiment with chemistry during their troop meeting.
We’ve also partnered with women leaders to bring the message of girl leadership to more people in our community. For example,
- Celebrity Chef Maya helped us make crispy chicken and waffles using two kinds of Girl Scout cookies on King 5 to celebrate 100 years of girls selling cookies!
- Featured Troop 41002’s Safety Kit business.
- Randi Zuckerberg joined us for our 2017 Girl Scout Luncheon in Seattle to talk about getting girls into STEM fields and helping them lead healthy online lives.
And, as a council, we’ve
- recommitted to diversity, equity, and inclusion through Town Hall events,
- moved our Seattle administrative office to make it more accessible and usable by girls and volunteers, and
- Begun the process of translating many of our documents and resources.
Our girls and volunteers make this organization what it is, and our donors make their work and accomplishments possible. Thank you so much for your support in the 2015-2016 fiscal year!
Recognizing Our Supporters
Girl Scouts of Western Washington appreciates and recognizes the inspiring generosity of our dedicated supporters.
Revenue and Expense Statement
Operating revenue and expenses for the year ending September 30, 2016:
Learn more about how Girl Scouts of Western Washington safeguards
• Review our 2015-2016 Form 990 on file with the Internal Revenue Service
• Read our 2015-2016 report to our community
• Learn about Charity Navigator's three-star rating of Girl Scouts of Western Washington