Position Title: Senior Grants & Finance Specialist
FLSA Status: Full-time, Exempt
Reports To: Vice President, Accounting
Position Summary: Perform the functions of Senior Finance and Grants Specialist as related to the day-to-day operations of the Finance Department to support the Council’s mission and to achieve the financial objectives.
- Responsible for all technical leadership in grant/contract accounting from submission through regular reporting and final closure. Work with agency staff ensuring they understand GSWW annual, grant, and contract budgets to insure they are able to meet any grant or contract billing or tracking responsibilities.
- Work with Council Grant Writer and program staff in development and compilation of budgets and financial information for funding applications (including United Way).
- Manage, monitor, and follow through on all grants or contract requirements, ensure compliance with contract conditions as well as timely and accurate submission of all finance and program reporting deadlines. Serve as GSWW’s lead financial contact with grant and contract funders.
- Prepare and record contract invoices.
- Track expenditures and provide monthly capital projects report in conjunction with the issuance of the monthly financial statements. Email designated accounting staff monthly any CIP completed projects’ final cost.
- Assist with the development of the annual budget.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of organization’s accounting program (MIP), and all GSWW informational databases pertaining to or needed for financial tracking and reporting purposes.
- Provide training and guidance as requested to Council staff and volunteers in the areas of finance.
- Oversee work of Troop Banking Coordinator as requested. Provide back-up and support when needed or requested.
- Maintain financial oversight of all volunteer bank accounts. Provide guidance and training to staff and volunteers ensuring GSWW’s financial integrity from the misappropriation or misuse of funds.
- Prepare assigned General Ledger and bank account reconciliations and necessary adjusting journal entries monthly in conjunction with the review and issuance of monthly financial statements.
- Coordinate financial accounting related matters with other departments, locations and divisions.
- Monitor Cash Flow; perform Cash Flow analysis and process wires and ACH transfers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and minimum four years related work experience or the equivalent combination of education and work experience in a non-for profit organization, including experience with contract and grant oversight, budgets, and billings.
- At least two years’ experience in non-profit grant and contract billing, budgeting and fund accounting preferred.
- Experience in banking preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines, work independently, take initiative and maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to work with culturally and racially diverse groups preferred.
- Previous experience working with volunteers helpful.
- Skilled in Excel, Word, Outlook and accounting software; MIP preferred.
- 10-key experience with speed and accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal skills to ensure effective interactions with individuals at all levels and backgrounds.
- Satisfactory results from criminal background check.
- Maintain membership in Girl Scouts of the United States of America.