Position title: Retail Sales Assistant
Location: Bellevue Girl Scout Store
FLSA status: Non-exempt; part-time 15-19 hours a week
Pay: $10.25/ hour
Girl Scouts of Western Washington is currently seeking an enthusiastic individual with a knack for providing a wonderful customer experience in a retail environment to work part-time in our Bellevue retail store. As the Sales Assistant you will become a knowledgeable ambassador of the Girl Scout brand and programs helping our girls, parents and volunteers navigate the world of uniforms, badges and fun!
Applicants should have an availability of 15-19 hours per week. A typical week would involve three shifts between the hours of 9am-6pm (Tuesdays – Thursdays) and 9am-4pm (Fridays – Saturdays).
Provide courteous customer service by handling phone and mail orders (accepting, filling, ringing and packaging) in a timely manner.
Assist customers with in-store sales including pulling items and providing information about merchandise and the Girl Scout programs.
Keep inventory stocked, check-in merchandise deliveries and keep the store and stock room organized.
Efficiently operate Point of Sales system to process store sales.
Open and/or close the store including computer functions and reports.
Provide sales assistance for some weekend store hours and Girl Scouts events.
Provide support to special retail store operations at remote locations as needed to provide good customer service to volunteers and parents which would include merchandising, sales, cash handling, and close out.
Perform computer work; assist in handling interdepartmental sales.
Assist in proofreading forms/documents related to department.
Travel to other satellite store in the region (Marysville) once or twice a month during the school year and periodic pop-up stores at GS events. Mileage is reimbursed.
Other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate of Arts degree preferred.
• Two years customer service including cash handling.
• Knowledge of Girl Scout program preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to multitask, prioritize deadlines, work independently, take initiative and maintain confidentiality.
• Skilled in Outlook, Word and Access or similar program.
• Strong interpersonal skills to ensure effective interactions with individuals at all levels and backgrounds.
• Availability to work varied hours including nights and weekends as necessary.
• Ability to work with culturally and racially diverse groups preferred.
• Valid Washington State driver's license and the ability to fulfill timely and travel requirements within the greater Seattle area.
• Satisfactory results from criminal background search.
• Ability to lift and move 50 pounds on a daily basis.
• Experience with Girl Scout camping and/or programs preferred.
• Maintain membership in Girl Scouts of the United States of America
• Satisfactory results from criminal background search