DOE Reports To:
Project Management OfficerPosition Summary:
The Director of IT will be responsible for creating and executing a strategic Information Technology roadmap for the Girl Scouts of Western Washington; this roadmap will drive the IT department’s priorities for the next 3-5 years and will align with the organization’s strategic initiatives. This position will be responsible for the management of all data and telecommunication vendors and will require detail oriented management on the following projects: infrastructure design, server upgrades, data communications and telecommunications systems. The Director of IT will develop a basic understanding of our CES database systems and manage GSWW’s Application and Training Specialist role. The Director will be responsible for keeping GSWW staff educated on all IT communications and focusing on internal customer service improvements and prioritization managementEssential Functions:Strategy & Planning
- Creating and executing Information Technology road map
- Key member of the Technology Steering Committee
- Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to ensure infrastructure capacity meets existing and future requirements
- Develop, implement, and maintain IT policies and procedures
- Participate in the development of IT strategies
- Develop and maintain IT budget
- Conduct research and make recommendations on products, services, protocols, and standards in support of all infrastructure procurement and development efforts in partnership with our vendors
- Prepare RFPs, contracts, bid proposals, and other documentation for infrastructure projects and other associated efforts.
- Negotiate with other vendors, contractors, outsourcers to secure infrastructure specific products and services.
- Manage vendor priorities for the design, maintenance, development, and evaluation of all infrastructure systems, including LANs, WANs, Internet, intranet, security, wireless implementations, and so on.
- Define hardware and software standards in conjunction with owners and stakeholders.
- Develop, implement, and maintain IT policies and procedures.
- Creating monthly reporting system for network and server performance; work with outsource partners to ensure overall performance capacity and reliability accommodate business needs and SLAs.
- Develop and implement an annual training calendar for Microsoft Office and Lync
- Manage operational costs; conduct near- and long-term financial forecasts for expanded functionality/user base.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, decision-makers, stakeholders, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent infrastructure activities.
- Manage vendors IT asset management, including maintenance of component inventory and related documentation.
- Participate on project teams
- Build and evaluate prioritization approach for technical issues
- Evaluate new application packages or software as they are requested by council staff
- Review, assess and make recommendations about annual technology request
- In addition to the above, perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience, desired
- Three to five years’ experience managing and delivering infrastructure design and operational excellence, including vendor management of outsourced services
- Exceptional knowledge of service and application delivery, as well as successful service level agreement accomplishments
- Two to three years successful leadership of an infrastructure team
- Knowledge of current protocols and standards, including Microsoft operating systems, SQL databases, Microsoft office applications, network switching, and VOIP phone systems
- Application support experience with financial, membership, meeting, point of sale and fund development systems desirable
- Knowledge of computer and/or network security systems, applications, procedures, and techniques
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects while managing conflicting priorities and deadlines. Ability to work independently or in groups
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel
- Ability to effectively provide trainings for Microsoft Office & Lync
- Requires a positive customer service approach and attitude with good interpersonal skills
- Possesses a positive attitude with strong work ethic, integrity and honesty
- A self-starter who can work independently with minimal oversight and takes initiative; is flexible, adaptable, self-manager, organized, and has a strong attention to detail; thrives in an ever changing/fast-paced environment
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects while managing conflicting priorities and deadlines