What is the Port Townsend Girl Scout House?
The Port Townsend Girl Scout House, owned by the city of Port Townsend, is located in a residential neighborhood in Port Townsend, Washington. It is a home converted into a meeting place for its occupants but with all the amenities of a typical residence (except showers). The house is within walking distance of many tourist attractions and landmarks and is just a stone's throw from the shopping district of Port Townsend.
Cost: $40.00 per night
Reservations: Contact the Peninsula Regional Office at (800) 767-6828.
Parking: 3 spaces on the street in front of the House.
***Please no loud noise after 10PM and lights out by midnight!
- NO SHOWER/BATHTUB
- Outdoor Barbeque
- Telephone (FOR LOCAL USE ONLY)
- Garbage Bags
- Paper towels
- Toilet paper
- Inoperable fireplace (PLEASE DO NOT USE)
Be sure to bring:
- Utensils as needed
- Sleeping Bag
- Sleeping Pad
Heating: Thermostat next to bathroom door. Turn down heat to 50 degrees upon group departure.
Emergencies: In case of an emergency, call 911 then follow the Girl Scout emergency procedures posted in the House and included in the materials that are received upon acceptance of stay at the House.
Other details from Letter of Agreement:
- Alcohol is strictly prohibited on this site. Also, the Scout House is a smoke-free environment. As such, thank you for not smoking.
- Girl Scouts must follow Safety-Wise ratios for girls and adults.
- Users will follow all of the house rules and policies. If the regional manager determines that the user has failed to provide proper leadership or failed to follow house rules or directions, the manager may, at his or her discretion, terminate this agreement and require the user to vacate the house, forfeiting any and all prior agreements for use of the facility.
- It is understood and agreed to by both parties that the facility furniture will be left as found and that bathroom, kitchen fixtures and floors will be cleaned and swept before checking out.
Port Townsend House Chores:
Each visiting troop is required to complete all mandatory chores and to pick one additional chore. The Girl Scout House relies on the support of volunteers for much of its maintenance and upkeep. Any questions should be directed to the Peninsula Regional Office at (800) 767-6828
- Empty wastebaskets
- Pack up all your trash and bring it home with you.
- Clean the kitchen: wash the dishes, scrub the counters, etc.
- Before leaving, all dishes should be dried and put away.
- Clean the bathroom
- Sweep the floors and entry way
- Wet mop the floors
- Thoroughly wash the table tops. Use cleanser if necessary.
- Vacuum the rugs
- Water the front flower beds, barrels, and flowers on the front curb
- Wash a wall or windows, floorboards in the bathroom, or doors.
- Dust the bookcases, top of fireplace, windowsills, etc.
- Dust the window blinds.
- Weed the front flower beds.
- Identify another cleaning or maintenance chore to do.
A very special thank you goes to Sunny Sinco who compiled this information for her Girl Scout Silver Award!