Girl Scouts of Western Washington is committed to building future leaders who are committed to making the world a better place. Read more about the Girl Scout Leadership Experience.
Using a strong foundation of the Girl Scout mission and program goals, we created the Girl Scouts of Western Washington Strategic Plan to focus our work on building leaders. We have identified four program initiatives:
The Girl Scout Impact
Through Girl Scout programs, girls make choices and decisions on what they will do and how they will accomplish it, set goals as a team and participate in hands-on activities that allow them to think critically. Girl Scouts develop skills that support success in school, while also getting additional opportunities to learn about problem-solving, collaboration and how to actively engage in their communities.
Girls credit Girl Scouts with helping them to:
- Develop positive values: 89%
- Make better decisions and positive choices in their life: 74%
- Develop healthy relationships: 86%
- Resolve conflicts fairly and positively: 87%
- Develop leadership skills and demonstrate personal responsibility: 81%
- Participate in service learning and believe their actions make a difference in the world: 85%