All Things Active with the UW Gym Dawgs
UW Athletics and the Gym Dawgs invite you to an exclusive virtual pre-meet event to learn about Fair Play, Sportsmanship, and Practicing with Purpose! Following the pre-meet, you are invited to tune in and cheer on the Gym Dawgs virtually at their gymnastics meet against Stanford University beginning at 2 PM. You’ll have a chance to complete a special interactive worksheet for the opportunity to earn a certificate of completion, a badge (Fair Play, Practice with Purpose, or Good Sportsmanship depending on grade level), and other prizes.
OPTIONAL EVENT PRE-WORK:
To help support the UW gymnastics team, the Gym Dawgs would LOVE for you, your family, or your troop to send in good luck and well wishes for our athletes! There are two ways you can participate:
- Submit a virtual message. Messages will be added to our video board for the team to read before the meet, and can include a photo. They can be sent from individual Girl Scouts, Girl Scout families, or whole troops! Here are some examples: example 1 and example 2.
- Submit a video message for group welcome. Video clips will be played in-arena for the Gym Dawgs, and can include any number of Girl Scouts (individual, family, or partial or full troop). Videos must:
- Be 10 seconds long,
- Be taken horizontally on your cell phone,
- Be taken in front of a wall or plain background,
- Show the subject from the waist up, and
- Have the subject speaking loudly and clearly.
Some video content options/examples are:
- Let’s go Gym Dawgs, we are cheering for you! Go Huskies!
- Go Huskies! Good luck on today’s meet vs. Stanford!
- We love you Gym Dawgs! Go Huskies!
All content must be submitted no later than Friday, February 26th to Emily Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Drop-Off: This is a VIRTUAL drop-off program. The program partner will provide two background checked adults during the program/event.
Registration Deadline: 3/6/2021
Cancellation Policy: This program is provided by a third-party partner. Each partner sets and enforces their own cancellation and refund policy. This partner has provided GSWW with the following policy: There is no penalty for cancellation.
If you have any questions about this event, including about refunds or rescheduling, reach out to the program partner directly at: Emily Martin at email@example.com. GSWW cannot issue refunds for third party events and cannot assist with refund disputes. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please visit our COVID-19 page to learn how we are ensuring member safety at events.
View this event’s flyer here.