Imagine a world where girls and volunteers join Girl Scouts with ease, the process of becoming a troop leader is completed in a few days (instead of weeks!) and volunteers and families can easily get the support they need, in ways that best fit their schedules and lives.
Can you imagine it? We can too, and we’re ready to make it a reality!
That’s why we’re introducing the Customer Engagement Initiative (CEI), an interactive and user-friendly new way to connect with Girl Scouts and support the girls in your life. From a faster and easier joining and renewal process, to improved resources for volunteers, the Customer Engagement Initiative is all about serving you better.
The Customer Engagement Initiative will include:
- New Girl Scout Website: We’ve streamlined our website to make it faster to find exactly what you’re looking for—whether you’re on a computer, tablet or phone!
- Online Volunteer Toolkit: The Volunteer Toolkit is a digital resource designed to make it much easier for K-5 troop leaders to manage troops, prepare for and lead meetings, and connect with other volunteers.
- Volunteer Systems: Systems is behind-the-scenes technology that will make it easier and quicker for our members to join Girl Scouts, serve as a volunteer, register for programs, get up-to-date information and so much more.
- My GS Member Community: The My GS Member Community will allow every Girl Scout member to update their membership, apply for new positions, and start the background check process. It will also make it easier for troop leaders and guardians to connect!
- Customer Care Team: This new team will make it easier to get the information you need about all aspects of Girl Scouts. Their top priorities are to cut down on the number of transferred calls, shorten wait times, and provide helpful, consistent information! They are available 9:00am-5:00pm Monday to Friday, and 9:00am-3:00pm on Saturdays!
So, What's Next?
All elements of CEI—the new website, Volunteer Toolkit, Volunteer Systems, My GS Community, and Customer Care Team—will be going live the first week of November, 2015.
This will be a time of transition as we move from old systems to the new technology of CEI. Some current resources, like eBiz and our online background check system, will be offline for several days while we transition. We’ll have a team of staff standing by via email and phone to help with any questions or issues this may cause.
Keep and Eye On Your Inbox!
Girl Scout volunteers and members will receive an email from email@example.com with details on how to create a user profile for the My GS Member Community and the Volunteer Toolkit very soon. If you have trouble finding the email, please contact us—we'd be happy to help.
Email CustomerCare@girlscoutsww.org or call 1(800) 541-9852.
We’re excited to improve your experience and provide the highest quality program for the girl in your life. Thanks for being part of this next step!