Bullying is a very real problem for girls today, the Power Up program provides girls with tools to advocate for themselves and others in a safe way that allows everyone to keep their dignity. As a Power Up Facilitator you can make a difference by partnering with girls to end the bully culture!
Power Up Facilitators facilitate standardized Power Up programming for middle and/or high school girls. After interviewing with a Program Manager volunteers participate in an eight hour Power Up Facilitator workshop to facilitate and promote their program throughout the council. There is a $25 registration fee for the workshop which includes instruction, lunch, the Power Up curriculum book and a T-shirt. Financial assistance is available.
We're looking for a one-year renewable commitment and we ask that that the Power Up Facilitator do at least three programs a year. Volunteers schedule programs around their schedules in the format they prefer to facilitate (three, two-hour sessions, overnight, six-hour event).
Please see the Power Up Facilitator position description for more information.
What are the steps to become a Power Up Facilitator?
- APPLY: Complete an online volunteer application and criminal background check at the Apply Today section of the website.
- INTERVIEW: You will be contacted by a Program Manager to set up an interview to discuss the position and ensure it’s the right fit for you.
- REGISTER: Get registered as a Girl Scout member.
- LEARN: Complete Girl Scouting 101 and get registered for a Power Up Facilitator workshop.
- CONNECT: A Program Manager will connect you with a network of other Power Up Facilitators so you can stay informed and find support within your Power Up Facilitator community!
Questions about becoming a Power Up Facilitator? Email email@example.com