Thank you to all the generous supporters—donors, volunteers, girls and families—who make Girl Scouting in western Washington possible!
This year, we got to witness some truly inspiring actions, discoveries, and "aha" moments within our Girl Scout community. Because you’re a valuable part of our community—and we know you’re passionate about seeing girls grow—we wanted to share a few of them with you:
- Every girl deserves a place to be herself! We know that Girl Scouts can provide a welcoming home for girls with different backgrounds, experiences, and dreams—and we’re taking steps to make sure ALL girls in western Washington have the chance to join in.
- After learning that a young girl couldn't go to a public playground after receiving a heart transplant, local Girl Scouts raised the funds to build her a special playhouse.
- Through a Girl Scout partnership with Washington State Corrections, daughters of incarcerated parents came together and shared their voices.
- Inspired by the need for education for girls, one local Girl Scout earned her Gold Award by building a children’s library in Ebola-impacted area of Sierra Leone.
- We reached out to our community to help us ensure that every girl can be empowered through Girl Scouts—and you stepped up in a major way! Thanks to you, 1,689 girls from low-income families had the opportunity join a troop, go to camp, and participate in a multitude of other life-changing experiences.
These stories are just a few brief snapshots of our Girl Scout community. We’ve got thousands of stories that illustrate how girls are growing into leaders all around us. With your support and generosity, more than 25,000 girls are taking the lead, being proud of who they are, and standing up for what they believe in.
Our sincerest thanks for seeing, like we do, how girls can—and do, and will—take action each and every day to make the world a better place.
Recognizing Our Supporters
Girl Scouts of Western Washington appreciates and recognizes the inspiring generosity of our dedicated supporters.
Revenue and Expense Statement
Operating revenue and expenses for the year ending September 30, 2015:
Learn more about how Girl Scouts of Western Washington safeguards
• Review our 2013-2014 Form 990 on file with the Internal Revenue Service
• Read our 2015-2016 report to our community
• Learn about Charity Navigator's three-star rating of Girl Scouts of Western Washington